21 June 2011

Fennel Salad

I am giving life without gluten and high GI foods a try. I developed some acne after hitting my late 20s / early 30s, and wanted to give this remedy a whirl after speaking with the lovely Natalie Lapointe. This is day one, and I am already inspired by my forgotten veggie recipes. It's crazy how much there is to eat out of the ground. Even if I eat a snickers tomorrow, it's really nice to shake up my food rut a bit.





















Serves 2

fennel bulb (1) sliced paper thin
lemon (1 tbs) freshly juiced
olive oil (splash)
thyme (1 tsp) chopped
parsley (1 tbs) chopped
salt (to taste)

Cut off the fennel fronds, base, and core. Slice paper thin. Throw in everything else and mix with hands.  

If you want, experiment with more thyme and parsley, the flavor changes tremendously with these quantities.

No comments:

Post a Comment