17 May 2011

Israeli Salad

Nothing fancy, but close to my heart.  I dice the veggies as finely as possible (without making it into a gazpacho) - that way each bite is nicely balanced.  Israeli Salads are deeply personal.  The ratio of everything is completely up to your palette, but this is the recipe my tongue personally loves (Serves 4):


Not the finest dice, but yummy still!






















persian cucumbers (5) diced
small tomatoes (5) diced
red onion (3/4) diced
olive oil (1 T)
lemon (1) squeezed
salt & pepper to taste


*Word about the tomatoes: one of my all time favorites is the Japanese aka Tough Boy aka Momotaro tomato. It is super sweet and flavorful...and expensive and usually only available at Farmer's Markets or the like.  So!  I usually end up using tomatoes on the vine from any grocer.



No comments:

Post a Comment